Thursday 14 June 2012

Nutritional menagarie that got me through the Brathay 10 marathons in 10 days


A massive thank you to the London Wellbeing Team for all the wonderful advice and nutritional products that it provided during my recent endurance challenge – 10 marathons in 10 days on behalf of Brathay Trust.



Without London Wellbeing’s help, I am sure that I would not have been able to complete the 262 mile challenge.



Throughout my 10 marathons in 10 days it provided unbeatable products that sustained my energy levels. Indeed, I was running faster on day 10 than on day one – a testimony to London Wellbeing! No wonder it now advises many people training for triathlons, marathons, ironman events and mad cap challenges such as the Brathay Trust 10 in 10.



The magical potions that London Wellbeing provided me with are as follows:



PROTEIN SHAKES

One carb and one protein based. The Carb was taken before every race while the protein shake was taken within 40 minutes after each marathon. Both contain RDA food groups.



BEE POLLEN TABLETS

Provided energy levels within 15 to 20 minutes. By taking them throughout my run, they kept my blood sugar levels stable and gave me a super food full of B vitamins and other nutrients which provided a high dosage of mineral/ vitamins. These tablets became so important that one day I forgot them – and insisted that someone retrieve them from my bag and give them to me as I ran on the course!



FREEDOM DRINKING SPORTS GEL

120ml taken on waking up, increased absorption of other nutrients taken. Contains MSM Chondroitin and Glucosamine. Taken with the Argi, it increased my energy levels.



ARGI

Before each marathon I took one scoop of Argi in a pint of water. I also sipped Argi as I ran from water stop to water stop. It increases nitric oxide levels, and in turn increased my performance times and reduced mu recovery times. It lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Argi is endorsed by Nobel Prize Scientist Doctor Ferid Murad who discovered the benefit of nitric oxide on the cardio vascular system. An absolute gem of a product.



HEAT LOTION

Before the race I rubbed it into my leg muscles. It helped my muscle fibres afterwards by reducing swelling. I also used it after each race to reduced stiffness – after the obligatory ice bath!



MSM GEL

An Aloe jelly combined with MSM. I applied it on my joints and Achilles area – and it helped reduce inflammation.



ALOE JELLY

It helped heal wounds- blisters and chafing for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment